Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Seeing Temple Grandin and her abilities surprised me. I have worked with people with Autism working for the Fox Valley Special Recreation Association. Knowing that she had autism and was probably similar to the children I had worked with, it's amazing to see how far she's come and gives hope for these children.

With the children I've worked with, they are all wonderful and special in their own way, and I can see how Temple may have been this same way. She shows how these children are intellegent, and explains how as a child she had fixations and her symptoms of autism.

In the BBC documentary, "The Woman Who Thinks Like a Cow," her abilities and acheivements are laid out to amaze the viewer in the accomplishments of this intelligent yet autistic woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment